Most busy households, cafes, offices, and other commercial buildings have opted for Vinyl plank flooring. As it offers a 100% waterproof surface, people have grown a liking for the flooring. The durability of the flooring makes it the best option for homes with pets and children. We have written about more such advantages in this article. The disadvantages are also mentioned so that you can make the best decision.
Advantages of vinyl plank flooring
- The most talk-about advantages of vinyl plank flooring are that it is 100% water-resistant. The water spills and surface water would not affect the flooring. That is the reason it is best for bathrooms cafes, restaurants, kitchen and basement.
- Unlike any other cheap laminate wood flooring, vinyl flooring is durable and sturdy. The commercial-grade layers of the flooring can tolerate heavy traffic.
- Vinyl plank flooring is easy to maintain. Just a regular sweeping and weekly mopping is all that is required to maintain the vista of the flooring.
- They are available in various designs. The advanced vinyl plank flooring has rigid core constructions that make them dimensionally stable. You can find vinyl plank flooring with attached underlayment and thickness up to 8mm and hard scraped textures.
- These types of flooring can be installed in any kind of subfloors. The installation process is also very easy and simple. The durability, appearance, and affordability make the vinyl plank flooring the best option for busy spaces.
Disadvantages of vinyl plank flooring
- The removal process is a little difficult if you choose to glue down your vinyl plank flooring.
- Vinyl plank flooring is durable; however, they are softer than other laminates like ties and hardwoods. It can get punctured by sharp objects like the dropping of a kitchen knife or sliding a heavy metal chair.
- The topcoat of vinyl plank flooring is not UV resistant and can discolor over a certain period.
With the huge variety of flooring options available in the market, it becomes a tough job to narrow down the search for your perfect floor. It might be helpful for you to compare the advantages and disadvantages of vinyl plank flooring and then make your decision.