Although nowadays, different types of cancer affect people all over the world, research has shown that skin cancer is the most common in the United States. Some skin cancer treatment is simple, while others can be quite complex. One important thing to remember is that when skin cancer is detected in its early stages, it becomes easy to treat. So once you notice abnormal growth of skin cancer cells and other suspicious skin changes, it is essential to seek treatment from a good physician like this skin cancer treatment Scottsdale option.
Types of Skin Cancer
Sometimes knowing the type of skin cancer that is causing you troubles can go a long way in ensuring that you get the required attention. There are three main types of skin cancer that you may need to familiarize yourself with. The first one is the basal carcinoma, melanoma, and lastly squamous carcinoma. The basal carcinoma is believed to be associated with the body parts that are mostly exposed to the sunlight. Squamous cell carcinoma is the most common type of skin cancer in the world. It develops from the flat squamous cells. The last type of skin cancer is melanoma. It is also a type of skin cancer that is accelerated by excessive exposure to the harmful UV rays. Other skin cancer includes:
- Kaposi sarcoma which is caused by human herpesvirus 8
- Actinic keratosis
- Lymphoma of the skin
Signs and Symptom of Skin Cancer
Research has shown that most types of cancer can be treated if they are discovered during their early stages. Therefore, it is essential to familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms associated with skin cancer when taking action. Here are some of the common skin cancers those symptoms that you need to take note of. However, it is crucial to understand that these signs do not always mean that you have skin cancer. The best way to tell what could be healing you is by contacting a medical professional.
- An unusual skin sore or growth that does not go away could be an indication of skin cancer.
- Merkel cell carcinomas can appear as fresh-colored moles that can be described as small tumors. These small tumors commonly appear on the part of the skin that is exposed to the sun.
- Squamous cell carcinomas may lead to the development of a lamp on your skin. Sometimes it may appear reddish.
- Pink growths that develop on different parts of the skin
- Open sores on the skin that may ooze or crust, and Sometimes, they may heal.
- A growth that may look like a wart
Preventing Skin Cancer
As they say, prevention is better than cure. Instead of waiting until the situation gets out of hand before you start looking for skin cancer treatment, you must look for the best ways to prevent skin cancer. Experts believe that the best way to avoid skin cancer is by limiting UV light exposure.Using sunscreen and wearing the right clothing if you have to be exposed is the best way to go. In addition to that, skin early treatment when you see skin cancer-related symptoms is highly recommendable.