Are you looking for the perfect jewellery to match your party dress? While there are so many options to choose from, nothing can beat the sophistication of pearl jewelleries. These gems never get out of fashion.
Dilemma over Natural or Cultured Pearls
When it comes to pearls, there are two options to choose from. Many people are often under confusion onto which types of pearls to purchase. One is the natural peals that are derived from oysters. The other is the cultured pearls wherein an irritant such as a nucleus is entered into the oyster to form a pearl. Natural pearls tend to be a bit expensive than cultured ones.
If you are looking for pearl earrings to match your outfit, then you have a plethora of options to choose from. Many of the pearl earrings that you come across are made from natural pearls and are available in different shapes and sizes. You can either opt for:
- Drop earrings
You can even choose from different colours such as cream, white, black, pink, blue or gold depending on the colour of your dress.
Criteria While Selecting Pearl Jewelry
If you are a first time buyer, you need to beware of fraudulent pearl sellers. Some of the key factors that can determine the credibility of pearls include:
- Pearl Lustre – The higher the lustre, the great the value of the pearl
- Quality of the Pearls – A genuine pearl will be smooth and blemish free
- Certificate of Authenticity – Genuine pearls are available in different grades and certified
- Pearl Thickness – The thicker the nacre, the longer the durability of the pearl
The different types of grading system for pearls include:
- A – Pearls with high lustres and minimum imperfections
- B – Pearls with high or medium lustre with minute visible imperfections
- C – Pearls with medium lustre and visible imperfections
- D – Pearls with minor or deep defects. Lustre here does not play an important role
Pearl jewellery can be worn both for formal as well as casual occasions. You can experiment with different colours and designs and set your own fashion trend.