Mold is a type of fungus that usually grows in places that are moist and warm. If you have a poorly ventilated part of the house that has high temperatures and high humidity, chances are that mold will start growing there. While mold can remain largely unseen for a long time, spores from the fungus can find its way into the air supply system and cause contamination. When this happens, you will get exposed to mold. This will lead to health problems. For starters, if you have an allergy, you will start sneezing and having breathing problems. In serious cases, you may need to seek mold exposure treatment from a place like http://moldtreatmentcenter.com.
The best way to deal with mold is to keep it out of your house. Start by ensuring that all parts of the house are well ventilated. High-risk areas, such as the inside of your kitchen cabinet should be checked to ensure there are no water leaks that may create a conducive environment for mold growth. If you notice any type of mold in your house, be sure to call a mold remediation company to come and deal with the problem. If you have a central HVAC system, the air ducts may harbor mold, so regular cleaning is highly recommended.
Table of Contents
Treatment of Mold Exposure
It is important to note that mold is almost harmless to people with a normal or strong immunity. Only those with low immunity should worry about mold. Symptoms of mold poisoning include;
- Memory loss
- Aches and pains around the body
- Changes in mood
However, people who have an allergy may experience several other symptoms such as:
- Skin rashes
- Dry cough
- Watery eyes
- Running nose
Fortunately, most anti allergy medication can be used to easen the symptoms and treat the condition. The key, however, is to find the right doctor. Below are some common treatment options for mold exposure:
There are many types of over the counter oral decongestants that can be used for treating mold poisoning. You can buy any one of them without a prescription. However, you should note that these drugs can raise blood pressure and suppress your appetite. Avoid them if you have another medical condition.
These are drugs that are meant for treating allergies. They can help with runny nose, itching and sneezing among other symptoms. Most antihistamines can be purchased over the counter, but it is always a good idea to seek medical attention whenever you develop symptoms of mold poisoning.
They come in the form of nasal sprays meant for treating and preventing inflammation. They are usually highly effective and that is why they are usually the first medication prescribed to patients who present symptoms of mold poisoning.
Please note that there are many other treatments for mold allergy and poisoning, including immunotherapy. It is recommended you hire a mold remediation company the moment you notice any type of mold on your property. If you exhibit symptoms of mold poisoning, seek medical attention urgently.