Many people feel bruised in their eyes all of a sudden and they wonder why they experience such symptoms. People may feel such symptoms due to several reasons but one very common reason is suffering from Uveitis. They may also feel bruised on their eye when there are inflammation or swelling in the eye. Feeling bruised on the eyes is certainly a serious condition that may also destroy the tissue of the eye and cause blindness or it may also lead to poor vision. Hence if you feel bruised on eyes you should go to the best eye hospital in Hyderabad and treat it immediately.
Why does my eye feel bruised?
Feeling bruised on eyes is certainly very irritating and the following are some main reasons for such symptoms:
- Feeling bruised on eyes may be caused when the patient suffers from the disease called Uveitis. When a patient suffers from Uveitis swelling is caused in the eye and it affects the middle layer of the eye called Uvea. Uvea is the part of the eye that remains in between the white part of the eye and the inner layer of the eye. Uvea consists of three main important structures of the eye which are – iris, ciliary body, and choroid. The iris is the colored circle which is present in the front of the eye. The ciliary body is that part of the eye that helps the lens of the eye to focus. It also assists in nourishing the eye. The choroid is the blood vessel that gives nutrients to the retina. Thus when there is inflammation or swelling in any of these three important structures of the uvea due to Uveitis patients feel bruised on their eyes.
- Another common cause of feeling bruised eyes is when the eye comes in contact with the toxic substance. Inflammation may cause the iris of the eye due to which the patient may feel pain on their eye which may lead to the sensitivity to light. It is during such a condition the patient feel the bruise on their eye.
- Due to autoimmune disease patients may also feel bruised on their eyes. Some of the autoimmune disease due to which patient may feel the sudden bruise on their eyes are – Behcet disease, lupus, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), psoriasis, Reiter’s Syndrome (RS), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), thyroid diseases, Type – 1 diabetes, Ulcerative colitis, Sjogren’s Syndrome, etc.
Diagnosis and Treatment of eye bruised
When the patient feels bruised on their eyes the doctor checks their medical history and overall health. Apart from that, the doctor may tell the patient to do a blood test, skin test, or X-ray along with thorough eye examination to find out the exact cause of the problem.
The following is the main medication that the doctor usually prescribes:
- Medicated eye drops usually contain a corticosteroid. Corticosteroid has some properties that help in fighting with inflammation and avoid irritation.
- Antibiotics are also very useful in eliminating eye infection which in turn can remove eye bruised.
- Antivirals may also be prescribed by the doctor to get rid of the problems of eye bruised.
- The painkiller such as ibuprofen may also be useful.
- Allergy medicine is also found useful in eliminating the irritation of the eye and eye bruised.
Jack Sylvester is a freelance writer, He is extremely fond of anything that is related to ghostwriting, copywriting, and blogging services. He works closely with B2B businesses providing digital marketing content that gains social media attention. His aim to reach his goals one step at a time and He believes in doing everything with a smile.