Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker K-Cup Pod, Single Serve, Programmable, Black (Packaging May Vary)
- Brews (6, 8, 19 oz.) K-cup Pods. To get the strongest brew use 6oz.
- Large 48 ounces removable water reservoir helps you extract more than 6 cups, and easy to refill.
- Simple and easy to control with buttons.
- Bew time is less than 1 minute.
- This brewer is easy to clean and descale.
- The coffee maker turns off by itself after staying idle, saves energy.
The coffee brewer is rated at 8.1/10.
- Performance: 9
- Design: 7.4
- Durability: 7.2
- Hygiene: 8.8
- Coffee: 8.3
Pros of the Keurig K55
- Compatible with non-Keurig brands and the pods are usable.
- Easy to use and can be cleaned. Buttons provide simplicity.
- Removable drip trays.
- The water reservoir can be removed and refilled.
- Maximum 9.25 oz. cup size.
- Cannot maintain temperature.
- Lacking high altitude setting.
- 6, 8, 10 oz. brewing capacity.
- Compatible Pods: My K-Cup, Keurig 2.0 K-Cups, non-Keurig brand K-Cups, and reusable K-Cups
- Removable Water Reservoir.
- Turns off automatically after 2 hours.
- 1-year Warranty.
- Removable drip tray and provides up to 7″ of clearance
- Dimensions: 9.8″W x 13.3″L x 13″H
- Weight: 12 pounds
- User’s manual
- Notifies to add water, descale, heating, auto-off
Despite Keurig 2.0 not being compatible with other Keurig of non-Keurig brands, this one feature stands out in K55. Provision of this feature makes it the best option for the experienced Keurig users.
Another of the great features is that it has a removable water reservoir, it makes easy to fill and clean the reservoir.
No high altitude setting, temperature control, touch screen, or clock
This model is a bit simple, it doesn’t have the features that the other versions of Keurig had, but the price of those is a bit higher. Click on the following link: 10 Best Keurig Coffee Machines to access one of the most in-depth reviews on the best keurig coffee makers.
Some other Negative aspects:
- At times the coffee flow wasn’t proper.
- The water level is indicated when you use it.
- A removable drip tray is a great option, but that leaves 7 inches of vertical space.
Keurig K55 and other Keurig Models:
How do you choose between one of the 15,534 Keurig models available? (Slight exaggeration.) Here are a few differences that may help you decide whether the K55 is right for you:
K55 doesn’t have temperature control, touch screens or a clock, these features are available in the other versions.
It has a low brewing capacity of 9.25 oz. while K250, K475, and K575 had the capacity of 30 oz.
K55 is compatible with K-cup and non-Keurig brands, the other Keurig versions could support this.
There were some additional features in comparison to the K15 model but when you compare it to K250 it still stands behind that version.
But the compatibility feature was never available in the other models, which is a plus with this one. For the regular Keurig users, this one is not for you if you are looking for something better as it doesn’t have many features. However, if you are looking to test Keurig for the first time, try K55.