Becoming an NRI (non resident importer) in Canada is a very profitable business. To begin with, Non resident importers are allowed to import goods in Canada from the US without being present in Canada at all. It might sound crazy at first! After all, how can one handle customs and sales without being in the country, right? Well, actually, not so much if you do it the right way. And the right way is choosing custom clearance firms like the Clearit Canadian customs clearance firm.
Now, before we take you through the actual procedure of becoming an NRI at Clearit, we are first introducing you to the benefits of being an NRI.
The most practical of all the benefits of being an NRI are listed below.
- you get to control the supply chain and reduce carrier involvement as much as you like. As a result, the overall supply chain cost reduces. All in all, you end up saving a lot of money.
- It gives you a fair chance to compete with Canadian suppliers without being in Canada.
- The selling price of your goods can be inclusive of all the import taxes you paid. As a result, your profits will be more and the expenditure will be less.
- You are as much a part of the Canadian market as any domestic supplier is.
That said, now, let’s take you through the procedure of becoming an NRI at Clearit.
- When you land on the Clearit website, chat with the live agent who will give you all the details about how to register as an NRI.
- Once your account is set up, you need to register for a GST account (especially, if your annual sale in Canada is $50,000).
Once registered, you have to provide the company the documents like commercial purchase bill.
You’ll be assigned an agent for easy understanding. The agent will ensure that all necessary documents are ready before filing the documents at customs for clearance.
The things that you, though, need to keep in mind while importing into Canada are listed below.
- Your freight forwarder is responsible for providing the arrival notice so that your goods can be transported to the assigned warehouse once Clearit gets them cleared at customs.
- Clearit offers three modes of importing into Canada – ocean, air, and truck. Out of these, air is the most expensive.
All in all, Canadian customers will buy from you because they won’t have to get involved with the import procedure at all. So, being an NRI will help you expand your business and increase your profit.